We are 11 one and two room cabins perfectly situated on five acres of meadow and woods on Highway 1 in Little River, California.
Minutes away from everything – beaches, wineries, diving, hikes, Mendocino, breweries, good food – but quiet, relaxing, and fun, our housekeeping cabins and rooms are each entirely unique and reflect our love of everything vintage, salvaged, rehabbed, and recycled.
You’ll find fifties fabrics, old Viewmasters, your favorite childhood games and puzzles, badminton, croquet, funky lamps, electric car charging stations, and so much more. Add super-comfy beds, a sweet hot tub, and weekend happy hours, and you’ve got a mighty fine getaway. Plus, we think your pets are swell, so bring ’em along ($20 per pet/night)!
COVID, Us, and You!
In order to keep our guests, staff, and community as safe as possible, The Andiron is following all state and county directives along with our own extra protocols. Like:
- All staff using personal protective equipment and protocols (gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, frequent hand washing, touchless temperature checks).
- Cleaning each room and linens thoroughly with EPA and CDC approved anti-bacterial cleaning products between guests.
- Using a touchless check-in procedure – no human contact.
- No housekeeping services during your stay of any length. We will provide fresh towels upon request, fresh sheets for stays of more than three days, and other incidentals upon request.
We require our guests to follow safety protocols as well. Specifically:
- All guests over the age of 12 must be vaccinated.
- Do not travel if you have felt feverish or have a cough or sore throat.
- Have face mask with you at all times and wear in communal areas at The Andiron and in any shops, restaurants or grocery stores.
This will all be over one day! Can’t wait, can’t wait!
- Is The Andiron one of the top 30 romantic getaways in the WORLD?
Travel+Leisure magazine thinks so. Wow! That’s cool. And awesome. Check it out… Go Retro at a Private California Inn
Sunset Magazine likes us!
Check out what they said:
A RETRO-CHIC HIDEOUT – The Andiron’s 1950s cabins are something out of the ordinary along the sleepy rural stretch south of Mendocino. Peek inside and you’ll see that the inn’s new owners have redecorated each of the 11 redwood rooms with quirky rummage-sale finds. (Our favorite: No. 5, done up in “library chic” and called Read) Half the rooms have kitchenettes and wood-burning stoves; all have decks looking down the grassy hill to a fringe of cypress trees and the ocean beyond.